eggless custard powder cookies recipe with step by step photos – melt in mouth eggless cookies with custard powder.
custard powder cookies can be easily made at home with a very few ingredients like all purpose flour or maida, sugar, custard powder, vanilla essence, butter and milk.
I often use custard powder for making fruit custard, and if left out it is made into cookies. You might be interested in other custard powder recipes in this space like mango custard, custard ice cream.
eggless custard powder cookies recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
baking time: 20 – 22 minutes
recipe type: baked snacks, cookies
serves: 22 cookies
equipment used: baking tray, bowl, oven
- maida or all purpose flour – 1 and 3/4 cup
- butter – 1 cup, at room temperature
- sugar – 1/2 cup, powdered (or icing sugar)
- custard powder – 1/2 cup
- vanilla essence – 3/4 teaspoon
- milk – 1/4 cup
how to make eggless custard powder cookies recipe with step by step photos
1. Preheat oven at 180-degree centigrade. Line a baking tray and keep it aside.
2. Add softened butter and vanilla essence to a bowl, mix well with a spoon or using a whisk.
3. In another bowl, add custard powder, vanilla essence, powdered sugar, maida and mix well.
4. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix well. Once it is combined well, add the rest of the ingredients, mix well. Add milk if necessary. I added little less than 1/4 cup of milk.
5. Knead gently to make a smooth dough.
6. Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Place them on the prepared baking tray. Press the balls on the top with a fork to make an impression.
7. Bake the cookies for 20 – 22 minutes. The amount of time required for baking may vary depending on the oven. So adjust the timing accordingly.
8. Place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in an air-tight container.
eggless custard powder cookies
- maida or all purpose flour - 1 and ¾ cup
- butter - 1 cup, at room temperature
- sugar - ½ cup, powdered (or icing sugar)
- custard powder - ½ cup
- vanilla essence - ¾ teaspoon
- milk - ¼ cup
- Preheat an oven at 180-degree centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray.
- Add butter at room temperature, vanilla essence to a bowl.
- Beat well with a spoon or a whisk until fluffy.
- In another bowl, add maida, powdered sugar, custard powder, and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in two steps.
- Mix well. If you find the mixture to be dry, add milk accordingly.
- Make a soft dough .
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Place them on the baking tray.
- With the help of a fork, make impressions on the cookies.
- Bake at 180-degree centigrade for 20 to 22 minutes depending on the oven.
- Place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store custard powder cookies in an air-tight container.