coconut ladoo recipe – tasty 10 min coconut ladoo recipe with step by step photos. This is a quick and easy ladoo recipe with very few ingredients. Moreover, this is a 10-minute ladoo recipe.
Coconut is called as nariyal in Hindi and hence this ladoo is also called as nariyal ladoo.
The method of making coconut ladoo with condensed milk is very easy. Slightly roast coconut so that the moisture goes off. Add ground nuts, give it a quick mix. Add condensed milk and keep stirring until it forms a mass. Once the mixture cools, make ladoos and coat with desiccated coconut. Delicious melt in mouth coconut ladoo is ready.
Usually, the white part of coconut is used for making ladoo. But mine had some brown parts also as these coconuts were grated for making various curries during onam. So I used the leftover coconut for making coconut ladoo.
I felt that the amount of sugar used was enough for ladoos. But if you want more sweetness, add extra two tablespoons of sugar to the mixture along with condensed milk.
This is a delicious and easy to make dessert for any function or any special occasion. I have already shared coconut burfi recipe. I have used frozen coconut to make nariyal ladoo, but definitely fresh coconut gives a nice taste to the ladoos.
coconut ladoo recipe
preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 10 mins
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
coconut – 1 cup, grated
condensed milk – 1/2 cup
almonds, cashew nuts – 5 – 6
cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
ghee – 1/2 teaspoon
desiccated coconut – 2 tablespoons
how to make coconut ladoo recipe with step by step photos
1.Heat 1/2 teaspoon of ghee in a pan. When the ghee becomes hot enough, add the grated coconut, and saute for a few minutes until entire moisture goes off. Don’t fry them till brown color. Once the moisture goes off, proceed with the next step.
2. Add powdered nuts, and mix well. I used few cashew nuts and almonds, powdered them in a mixer jar and added it.
3. Add condensed milk and keep stirring on medium-low flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan. You will notice that the entire mixture will move together as a mass. Add cardamom powder, mix well. That is the right stage. Turn off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool.
4. Take desiccated coconut in a plate.
5. While the coconut mixture is still warm, take small pinches of the dough, and gently roll them between your palm and make ladoos. While making ladoo, if you feel that the mixture is slightly loose, then heat it again for a few more minutes to thicken the mixture.
6. Roll these ladoos on the desiccated coconut. Allow them to cool completely and serve. This quantity will give 7 medium sized ladoos.
7. coconut ladoo is ready.
easy coconut ladoo recipe below
- 1 cup grated coconut
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 5 - 6 almonds , cashew nuts
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon ghee
- 2 - 3 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Heat ½ teaspoon ghee in a pan.
- Add grated coconut and saute well for a few minutes till moisture goes off.
- Add powdered nuts, mix well.
- Add condensed milk, and cook in medium-low flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder, mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Take small pinches of dough, roll them into ladoos, and roll it on desiccated coconut.
- Enjoy coconut ladoo with your loved ones.