dry garlic chutney recipe with step by step photos – a perfect chutney for vada pav.
Many Indian recipes take a long time for preparation especially, chopping onion, mincing ginger garlic paste, chopping vegetables, grinding chutney and the list goes on. These preparations take more time than the actual cooking. To reduce the time spend in the kitchen, we are always looking out for good appliances which can make our job easier.
I am sure many of you may have got an expensive food processor and a mixie in your kitchen. And there is no doubt that these two appliances make our job easier. But there are times when we hesitate to pull out the heavy food processor from the cupboard for small everyday jobs. Preethi turbo chop is one such appliance which comes handy in such situations. It is sleek, light weighted, and helps you whip up thick smoothies, salsa, pesto, chutney and everyday foods you need. This kitchen appliance chops anything from meat, nuts, vegetables and herbs.
Recently I was invited for a bloggers meet organized by Preethi kitchen appliances where I got a chance to experience the unique products by preethi, the products which were considered to be revolutionary in the culinary space. I am a person who is using preethi mixer for the past 12 years and I was very happy to accept their invitation. Mr. Gowarthanan, GM marketing, preethi appliances, gave us an insight into their various products including the new zodiac mixer, electric pressure cooker, induction cooktop and many others.
We also had an interactive session with Mr. Vishal Sinha, Digital Advertising Manager – Google about the current trends in digital marketing and Archana Doshi, founder of Archana’s kitchen – about her blogging journey.
The journey of preethi appliances started in the year 1978 and started with a mixer grinder. It gradually grew and has grown into a nationally reputed kitchen appliances brand. And they prove this with their presence in more than 15 million houses where preethi appliances are used. Their vision is to create a better future for 100 million consumers by enabling them to be at their best in the kitchen. You can visit their website preethi to get more details about the products and to buy them.
Preethi turbo chopper comes with a turbo unit and one user manual. The turbo unit consists of 4 main parts – a transparent container, stainless steel blade, lid, and motor. And the most important point is it comes with a one-touch operation. Assembling this gadget is also very easy: container at the bottom, the blade sits on the rod at the center of the container, the lid on the top. and the motor fits itself neatly on top of the lid.
This is a handy kitchen appliance which can chop anything from onion, herbs, carrot, beetroot, tomatoes, make ginger garlic paste, mince meat and may more. Just a slight press from the top and wow it’s done.
how to use Preethi turbo chop
- Lift the upper cover which contains the motor.
- Place the container on the counter top.
- Now place the blade inside the blade holder inside the container.
- Cut the ingredients into pieces and place them inside the container and evenly distribute them.
- Now place the lid on top of the container, the blade coming at the center.
- Now place the upper cover containing the motor on top. Connect the plug.
- Now press the top portion of the chopper. Continue pulsing until you get the desired size.
What we tried:
- Tried chopping onion, carrots, tomatoes. It worked well. One attempt to chop onion turned it into a pulp. So always follow the instruction given along with the manual for eg., 5 seconds for 150 grams of onion. If this is followed, you get perfectly chopped onion.
- Tried making an almond meal with blanched almonds. Yes, it came out perfect. It was not a perfect flour but it was just like a sandy almond meal which can be used for many preparations. Recipe coming soon.
- Tried making peanut chutney and again it was a hit. But when you make grind nuts, always make sure to add hard ingredients at the bottom and the soft ones at the top. Or first, pulse the nuts and then add the other ingredients. Add water at intervals to get a smooth chutney.
- We also tried making dry garlic chutney for vada pav, the recipe for which is given below. There are other items in our to do list, will update as soon as it is done.
dry garlic chutney recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: chutney
equipment required: preethi turbo chop
- garlic – 10 to 12 cloves, peeled
- dry red chili – 5
- sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- roasted peanuts – 1 tablespoon
- coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- grated copra or dry coconut – 1 cup
- tamarind – one small piece
- oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
how to make dry garlic chutney for vada pav with step by step photos
1.Grate copra or dry coconut and keep aside.
2. Heat half a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add peeled garlic and saute on a low flame till for a minute. Transfer it to a plate and keep aside.
3. To the same pan, add dry red chili and roast them on a low flame till they become crisp. Take care not to burn them. Keep stirring continuously. Transfer it to another plate.
4. Add grated copra to the same pan, and saute on a low flame till it becomes light brown. Transfer it to the plate along with the other roasted ingredients.
5. Add sesame seeds to the same pan and saute till they pop. Transfer to the plate.
6. Add all the roasted ingredients to a mixer jar along with roasted peanuts, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt and a piece of tamarind. I used preethi turbo chop to grind dry garlic chutney. Grind to a coarse powder. If you are using preethi turbo chop, then pulse twice or thrice first and then grind it again for another 15 seconds. Your garlic chutney is ready.
7. sprinkle dry garlic chutney on vada pav or on top of dosa.
dry garlic chutney recipe for vada pav
What we liked about Preethi turbo chop
- Just press the top of the preethi turbo chop to operate the chopper. One or two pulses is all you need to chop onion and vegetables. And with a few repeated pulses, you can get your chutney, ginger garlic paste, ready within seconds.
- It is small in size and can be kept in a cupboard, or can be placed on top of a table or a small counter space.
- It is easy to assemble, use and disassemble.
- It is also easy to clean. Just wash the container and blade with soap water. Do not wash the upper portion which contains the motor. Just wipe them with a cloth to clean it.
- The chopper is provided with a manual which shows the time needed for processing each ingredient.
- The container may retain the smell of foods like onion and garlic. Hence, it is best to wash as soon as possible after using the chopper.
- The blades of the chopper and very sharp and extra care should be taken while cleaning them.
- Do not wash the upper portion of the chopper to which motor is attached to ensure longevity of the product.
The powerful stainless steel blade that comes with preethi turbo chop makes chopping, grinding and mincing so fast and effortlessly. It is a useful time saver machine perfect for a modern kitchen, but it is not meant to be a replacement of a food processor.
Hope you all liked the dry garlic chutney recipe made with preethi turbo chop.