dry fruit burfi recipe – a tasty and easy to make sweet recipe made with dry fruits and is a healthy, sugar-free recipe.
dry fruit burfi is a perfect treat during Diwali. It is one of the tastiest sweet made using dry fruits. This recipe does not make use of sugar, but the sweetness comes from the dates used in the burfi.
Let us see how to make dry fruit burfi recipe.
dry fruit burfi recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 10 mins
recipe type: dessert
serves: 3 – 4
- dried figs – 1 and 1/2 cups or 300 grams
- dates – 1/2 cup packed, or 125 grams, finely chopped
- pistachios – 1/3 cup or 40 grams, finely chopped
- cashew nuts – 1/3 cup or 50 grams, finely chopped
- almonds – 1/3 cup or 50 grams, finely chopped
- green cardamom pods – 4, seeds powdered
- ghee or flavorless vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
how to make dry fruit burfi recipe
1.Blanch the figs in hot water for 5 to 6 minutes by placing the figs in a bowl filled with hot water. Make sure that the figs are completely immersed in water. If you are using soft dates, then you can use it as such but in the case of dry dates, immerse it in hot water for 5 – 6 minutes along with the figs.
2. Drain completely and puree in a blender or food processor.
3. In a wok, heat a teaspoon of ghee or oil in medium flame, and after the ghee melts, lower the heat and add the pureed fig dates mixture. Cook on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes by stirring continuously. Turn off the heat and when it cools a bit, mix in the dates, almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts. Stir in the cardamom powder and mix well with a spoon or with your hands.
4. Apply oil or ghee on your hands. Take the mixture and roll it into a log. Put the pistachios or desiccated coconut on a plate. Roll out the fudge on the desiccated coconut, so that they stick on the top. This will help to make the fudge more attractive.
5. Now roll the log in a foil and close the ends tightly. Prepare all the logs in this way. Keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours, this will help it set.
6. Take out the roll or log from the refrigerator and remove the foil from the fudge. Once the burfi is set, cut it into pieces of 1/2 centimeter each.
7. dry fruit fudge is now ready. Keep the burfi in open for 3 – 4 hours, this will help it set. You can store it in an air-tight container and enjoy it for up to 2 – 3 months.
You can also mix in other dry fruits like raisins, cranberries, walnuts, apricots, keeping the base ingredients the same.