double beans masala sundal recipe – tasty sundal recipe for navratri with double beans
double beans masala sundal recipe
- double beans – 3/4 cup
- coconut – 2 tablespoons, grated
- salt – to taste
- water – 1 and 3/4 cup
for sundal podi
- coriander seeds – 1/4 cup
- chana dal – 2 tablespoons
- urad dal – 2 tablespoons
- dry red chili – 6
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – few
- dry red chili – 1 to 2
how to make double beans masala sundal recipe with step by step photos
1. Soak double beans in enough water for 8 – 10 hours or overnight.
2. After 8 hours, pressure cook the beans with enough water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt for 3 whistles in a medium flame or until they get cooked well. The beans should be cooked well, but they should be mushy. Drain the excess water and keep aside. Don’t throw away the cooked water. I use it while making curry.
for sundal masala
3. Add all the ingredients for making sundal masala to a kadai and dry roast it in a low flame until it gets roasted well and releases a nice aroma.
4. Allow the mixture to cool.
5. Transfer it to a mixer jar and grind it to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
for making double beans sundal
6. Meanwhile, let us make sundal masala.
7. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil becomes hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chili, curry leaves, hing and saute for a few seconds.
8. Add the cooked and drained beans, mix well. Toss well and cook for a few minutes until the moisture goes off completely. Add sundal masala, mix well. Turn off the flame.
9. double beans sundal is ready.