|raw rice||2 cups|
|urud dal||1 cup|
|fenugreek seeds||1 teaspoon|
1. Wash and soak raw rice, urud dal and fenugreek seeds together for 3 – 4 hours.
2. Put the dal and rice in a blender or wet grinder.
3. Add enough water and grind till you get a smooth batter.
4. Add salt, mix well and keep it aside for 7 – 8 hours for fermentation.
5. On fermentation, the batter will rise and will be ready for making dosa.
6. Heat a tawa or dosa kallu, grease with oil. Once the tawa is hot enough, pour a ladleful of batter and spread in circular motion. Make it very thin.
7. Pour one teaspoon of oil or ghee on the sides.
8. When it becomes golden brown on one side, flip it to the other side, reduce the flame to sim and let it cook on that side too.
9. Remove it to a plate and serve with chutney or sambar,
1. You can also add a handful of soaked poha or cooked rice while grinding.
Chutney for idly / dosa
1. ridgegourd chutney
2. curry leaves chutney
3. capsicum chutney
4. onion chutney
5. pudina chutney
6. coconut chutney
7. onion tomato chutney
8. pudina chutney (with coconut)
9. onion tomato chutney1
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving