dhokla recipe in microwave – tasty and easy to make 1-minute microwave dhokla in a mug.
dhokla is a vegetarian dish which is very popular in the state of Gujrat. It is made with a fermented batter made from rice and split chickpeas.
khaman is a gram flour based dish. Unlike dhokla which is made with rice and chickpeas, khaman dhokla is made from chickpeas only. It is lighter in color and softer than dhokla. There is also one more difference between the method of preparing dhokla and khaman dhokla. To make dhokla small proportion of baking soda is used, while in khaman more baking soda is added to make it more fluffy, spongy and porous.
Although a Gujarati snack, it has become increasingly popular across India, as well as in other regions with a sizeable Gujarati community.
This is an instant khaman dhokla recipe which is made in a mug and 1-minute microwave recipe! It is very easy and quick to make and kids would really love it.
Serve dhokla for breakfast or snacks with a cup of tea or with tomato ketchup!
dhokla recipe in microwave
preparation time: 2 minutes
cooking time: 1 minute
recipe type: breakfast, snack
cuisine: Gujrat, Indian
- butter – 1 tablespoon, melted
- besan or chickpea flour or gram flour – 4 tablespoons
- water – 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- eno fruit salt – a pinch
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- red chili powder – a pinch
- mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- asafoetida powder or hing – a pinch
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- green chili – 2 slices
- curry leaves – 2
- coriander leaves – to garnish
how to make 1-minute dhokla recipe in microwave
1.Grease a microwave safe mug with butter. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl add besan or gram flour, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, red chili powder, water and mix well without lumps. Just before making dhokla add eno fruit salt, mix well. Pour the prepared batter into the microwave safe mug.
3. Microwave it on high for 1-minute. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Temper mustard seeds, add green chili, curry leaves, hing and keep it aside.
4. Once the tempering is ready, pour the tempering over the dhokla.
5. Serve dhokla with green chutney or with tomato ketchup.