dharwad peda | dharwad pedha – is a tasty and popular sweet dish from Karnata made with sweetened paneer.
dharwad peda recipe
- milk – 2 litre
- lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- ghee – 1 tablespoon
how to make dharwad peda recipe
1.Add milk to a thick bottomed pan. Bring it to a boil.
2. Add lemon juice, mix well. Turn off the flame. Keep stirring continuously till the milk curdles.
3. Drain the curdled milk through a muslin cloth placed on top of a colander. Immediately pour cold water.
4. Squeeze off the excess water.
5. Squeeze off the water completely and hang it for 20 minutes.
6. Now place the prepared paneer into a kadai and break them into pieces.
7. Saute on a low flame till the moisture in paneer is lost.
8. Add a tablespoon of ghee and roast the paneer in a medium flame till it changes color.
9. Now add sugar, and a tablespoon of milk.
10. Keep sautéing on a low flame till the sugar melts completely.
11. Keep sautéing until the mixture turns light brownish in color.
12. Add a tablespoon of milk when the mixture starts to become dry.
13. Allow the mixture to cool and then transfer it to a mixer jar.
14. Grind it to a fine powder.
15. Transfer the ground mixture back to the kadai, add 1/4 cup of milk.
16. Continue to saute the mixture until they turn dark golden brown in color.
17. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
18. Roll it out into desired shapes. dharwad peda is ready.