dhakai pranahara recipe – pranahara is a bengali delicacy usually prepared with mawa, milk, and sugar. Usage of mawa makes the dessert soft and melt in the mouth. To make it healthy, I have created a fusion using gram flour in it.
In a dhakai area of Bangladesh, sandesh is called as pranahara which means heart stealer.
You can either make use of sandesh molds or making dhakai pranahara or you can give any shape to pranahara.
dhakai pranahara recipe
preparation time: 2 hours
cooking time: 30 minutes
recipe type: dessert
cuisine: bengali, Indian
serves: 2 – 3
- chana dal – 1 cup
- milk – 750 ml
- condensed milk – 200 grams
- ghee or clarified butter – 1 cup
- cardamom – 8
how to make dhakai pranahara recipe
1.Wash and soak chana dal in enough water for 2 hours. Drain the excess water, transfer the soaked chana dal to a mixer jar. Grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan. Add the prepared chana dal paste to it and saute on a medium flame. When it becomes dry and golden brown color, add milk to it, and mix well.
3. When the mixture starts thickening, add condensed milk to it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add crushed cardamom powder to it, mix well and then turn off the flame. Allow the mixture to cool. Divide the mixture into balls and using a sandesh mold, give the dessert different shapes.
5. Traditional dhakai pranahara is ready.