Dates payasam – Ingredients
|almonds||10 – 15 (or 2 tablespoon almond powder)|
|milk||2 1/2 cup|
|water||1 1/2 cup|
|cardamom powder||1/2 teaspoon|
How to prepare dates payasam – dates kheer
1. Remove the seeds from the dates and chop it finely. Keep it aside.
2. Powder almonds and keep it aside.
3. Heat ghee in a pan, roast the cashews, raisins and keep them separately.
4. In the same pan, add the chopped dates and saute nicely.
5. Add badam powder and saute again for 1 -2 minutes.
6. Add water, allow it to boil. Reduce the flame, and let it cook in low flame for 5 – 10 minutes.
7. Now add boiled milk to it, wait till it starts boiling, then reduce the flame for 5 – 10 minutes, until you find the payasam becoming thick. (Don’t make it too thick, if you want to serve after a long time. )
8. Add the roasted cashews and raisins.
9. Payasam is ready to be served. Serve it either hot or chilled.
3. aval payasam
4. semiya payasam
5. Cheru parippu payasam
6. nei payasam
7. Chowari payasam / sago payasam / kheer
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy, if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving