dates milkshake recipe or date milkshake recipe – tasty, healthy, easy to make 3 ingredient milkshake recipe
dates is very rich in iron and provides energy. So this date milkshake is a perfect drink to keep your energized throughout the day. It can also be mixed with roasted oats and had as a breakfast drink.
The addition of almonds in this dates milkshake make it more nutritious and can be given to kids. I have used almonds here, but any nuts of your preference can be added while making this milkshake recipe. Dates has natural sweetness, so there is no need to add extra sugar or honey to it. It can be had as such.
Ice cream can also be added to give a nice twist, but I wanted to keep it healthy and easy. So I din’t use any. A pinch of cardamom powder or vanilla essence will give it a nice flavor.
dates milkshake can be prepared with 3 ingredients – milk, dates and almonds.
dates milkshake recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
recipe type: beverages
- dates – 10 – 12
- almonds – 10, blanched
- milk – 2 and 1/2 cups
how to make dates milkshake recipe
1.Heat water in a pan. Bring it to a boil. When it starts boiling, add almonds with skin to it, turn off the flame. Leave it aside for 15 – 20 minutes. Peel off the skin.
2. Remove the seeds from dates if you are using seeded dates. Otherwise, use them as such. Chop them into pieces. Lightly crush the almonds.
3. Add blanched, crushed almonds to a mixer jar along with chopped dates. Add 1/2 cup of milk and blend it well to a smooth puree. Add the remaining milk and blend once more. Add a pinch of vanilla essence or cardamom powder to get a nice flavor. You can also add vanilla ice cream for nice twist.
4. Check the consistency of the milkshake and add more milk to make it thin.
dates milkshake recipe printable version below
- 10 to 12 dates
- 10 almonds, blanched
- 2 and ½ cups of milk
- Blanch almonds. Crush it slightly.
- Deseed dates, chop into pieces.
- Add chopped date, blanched crushed almonds along with ½ cup milk to a blender jar.
- Blend well to make a smooth puree.
- Add the rest of the milk and blend well.
- Serve dates milkshake immediately.