After a short gap, I am back with another ladoo recipe. A healthy ladoo made with dates. Dates ladoo is a healthy, delicious guilt free snack. They are very easy to prepare. I have made use of nuts like almonds and cashews. You can also add pistachios to it to make it more healthier. I will say that this is definitely one of the most easiest and healthy ladoos which can be made in no time and can be given to both kids and grownups alike. Apart from that here there is no additional flavors or sugar added to it. Now to the recipe..
|dates||1 cup (chopped)|
|nuts (cashews, almonds)||1/4 cup|
|coconut (scraped)||2 tablespoon (optional)|
|dessicated coconut||for rolling|
|cardamom powder / elaichi powder||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Roast almonds and cashews separately and keep it aside. While roasting, keep stirring at regular intervals.
2. Chop dates into fine pieces.
3. Coarsely grind almonds and cashews, keep it aside.
4. Then coarsely grind dates in a mixer jar. (I crushed the dates pieces with mortar and pestle.)
5. In a tray, add the dates mixture, coconut, almonds cashew powder and kismis. Mix everything nicely.
6. Make small balls from your hands and ladoos are ready. Roll the dates balls in dessicated coconut.
7. Ladoos can be served immediately or store it in an airtight container and refrigerate.
For other ladoo recipes:
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy, if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving