cut mango pickle – easy pickle recipe using raw mango.
The recipe of mango pickle shared here is an instant pickle recipe which can be consumed immediately after preparing. It can be used for 2 – 3 days if refrigerated well and handled properly.
I always make this instant cut mango pickle during mango season. It can be stored and used for 2 – 3 days. It can be served with rice and kids love it with curd rice.
use sour mangoes for making this mango pickle recipe. I always have roasted fenugreek powder with me, so I use it. If you don’t have roasted fenugreek powder, add 1/2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds into a pan, and roast it in low flame until it leaves a nice aroma. Crush it with a mortar and pestle and add it to the pickle.
instant cut mango pickle recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 5 mins
recipe type: side dish
serves: 2 – 3
- mango – 1 medium, unripe
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- red chili powder – 1 tablespoon or as required
- asafoetida powder or kayam – 2 pinches
- roasted fenugreek seeds powder or uluva podi – a pinch
- salt – to taste
- sesame oil – 1 and 1/2 tablespoon
- mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- dry red chili – 1
- curry leaves – few
how to make instant cut mango pickle recipe with step by step photos
1. Wash the mangoes well and wipe it dry with a cloth. Chop it into small pieces along with the skin and keep it aside.
2. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, roasted fenugreek seed powder, and salt to the cut mango pieces. Mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. The oil should be smoking hot. Splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chili, curry leaves and saute for a few seconds. Turn off the flame. Pour the tempering over the pickle. Stir well for 2 – 3 minutes so that everything gets mixed well.
cut mango pickle recipe below
- 1 medium mango, unripe
- a pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 pinches asafoetida powder
- a pinch roasted fenugreek powder
- salt to taste
- 1 and ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard oil
- 1 dry red chili
- few curry leaves
- Wash the mangoes well.
- Wipe it with a cloth. Cut into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, fenugreek powder, asafoetida powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, dry red chili and saute for a minute. Turn off the flame.
- Add the tempering to the pickle. Mix well. Keep stirring for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve cut mango pickle with rice.