We all know curd (yogurt) is good for body. It makes our body cool. Apart from that it has high calcium content which helps to build strong bones and teeth. It is also known to strengthen our immune system. So curd is very important for our day to day lives. Curry leaves are also known to have very high nutritional value. This is seasoned with ginger which helps in digestion.
Method of preparing curd rice is very easy. Pressure cook rice for 4 – 5 whistles so that the rice get cooked well. Mash it well. Then add milk, curd, butter, salt and mix well. Finally season with mustard and curry leaves. You can also garnish with items like grated carrots, pomegranate, grapes etc. Isn’t easy? So friends, do try out this recipe of curd rice..
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|urud dal||3/4 teaspoon|
|dry red chilli||1|
|ginger (chopped)||1 inch long piece|
|green chilli||1 (finely chopped)|
|hing / asafoetida powder / kayam||one pinch|
|carrots (grated)||1 tablespoon|
|grapes (halved)||1 tablespoon|
1. Pressure cook rice with 2 cups of water. Allow it to cool. Then mash it nicely with the back of spoon.
2. Then to the mashed rice, add butter and milk. Mix well.
3. Next add curd, salt and mix well. Keep it aside.
4. Then heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, add hing, dry red chilli, urud dal, curry leaves, green chillies, crushed ginger and saute well.
5. Pour this into the rice mixture and garnish with grated carrot and coriander leaves.
8. Serve it with potato fry or any pickle of your choice.
If you want to view any rice variety which is posted by me visit http://nandooskitchen.blogspot.in/search/label/rice%20varieties
For more variety rice varieties
If you find this recipe useful share it among with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. This will take just a single click. This will keep me motivated.