cucumber raita recipe – tasty, healthy, refreshing raita recipe for roti, paratha and biryani.’
This raita recipe is very easy to make and tasty. It is always made as a side dish for biryani, pulao or with roti or parathas.
The main ingredient of raita is curd or yogurt and any vegetable or fruit of your choice. Cucumber, onion, tomato is most often used in making raita. The addition of roasted cumin powder gives a nice flavor to the raita and is mildly spiced with pepper powder. The procedure to make this raita is even simple. Just mix everything and add some red chili powder at the end.
I always use thick yogurt while making raita. If you feel that the yogurt is not thick enough, then strain the yogurt through a muslin cloth and hang it inside the refrigerator for half an hour to one hour. You will get thick yogurt for making cucumber raita.
Cucumber is well known for its cooling effect and when combined with curd, makes body cool and is also good for digestion.
cucumber raita can be served with biryani, roti or pulao. Raita helps to reduce the heat of biryani and hence I always prefer making raita along with biryani.
cucumber raita recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
recipe type: main
- cucumber – 1, finely chopped
- tomato – 1, finely chopped
- carrot – 1/2, peeled and finely chopped
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- yogurt or curd – 1 cup
- roasted cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- pepper powder – to taste
- salt – to taste
how to make cucumber raita recipe
1.To make cucumber raita, finely chop cucumber, tomato, carrot, green chili and add it to a bowl.
2. To the bowl, add pepper powder, salt, and yogurt. Mix well.
3. Finally, sprinkle red chili powder, roasted cumin powder on top and serve.
4. Serve cucumber raita as a side dish for paratha and biryani.