Cucumber lemonade – Summer is here and I have started making various summer drinks. This cucumber lemonade is the first summer drink I am sharing here in this space.
Cucumber blends well with lemon and it is a perfect drink you can make this summer. It is very refreshing and I am sure once you try it, you will definitely be hooked to it.
Store bought juices contain a lot of sugar and preservatives added to it. So I often, make refreshing summer drinks at home whether it be simple lemonade, or milkshakes or any other. Cucumber lemonade is one such juice you can make this summer. You can add sugar or honey as per your preference. You can also try adding soda to it and it also tastes great.
Addition of mint leaves or pudina is optional. Don’t add too much of mint leaves, it will ruin the taste. Just add three to four leaves to give a flavor.
Cucumber is rich in water content and it is considered good for overall health. In summer, you should start including this water-rich vegetable to your diet to keep your body cool and energised.
Let us see how to make cucumber lemonade recipe.
You can also check other beverages like strawberry milkshake, peanut butter banana milkshake, dry fruits milkshake, oreo milkshake and many others. strawberry milkshake, peanut butter banana milkshake, dry fruits milkshake, oreo milkshake, fig milkshake, shikanji and many others.
Cucumber lemonade recipe below
- tender cucumber - 1 cup
- sugar - 2 tablespoons
- mint leaves - 2 - 3 leaves
- chilled water - 1 cup
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon and little more
- salt - a pinch
- ice cubes - few
- Peel and remove the seeds from cucumber and chop them into pieces.
- Add the pieces along with mint leaves, sugar and water to a blender, and blend well until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Blend for 2 - 3 minutes until sugar dissolves completely.
- Strain this mixture through a strainer or using a muslin cloth and discard the impurities.
- Add a pinch of salt, lemon juice, ice cubes and mix well.
- Pour in serving glasses, add more ice cubes if desired, or chill and serve garnished with cucumber slices or with lemon wedges.
Enjoy cucumber lemonade this summer!!