cornflakes chivda recipe | cornflakes mixture | cornflakes namkeen – a snack recipe with cornflakes. cornflakes chivda can be prepared as a snack for diwali or it can be served as a tea time snack. But unlike South Indian mixture recipe, cornflakes mixture is very easy to make and a healthy snack made with cornflakes.
cornflakes chivda recipe| cornflakes namkeen | cornflakes mixture – traditionally cornflakes mixture is prepared with yellow colored makai flakes or makai poha which is available in the market. They are deep fried and then mixed with the other ingredients. But today, I am sharing a healthy corn flakes chivda recipe which is not deep fried. I have used regular Kellogs breakfast corn flakes for making this tasty mixture.
I was planning to share the cornflakes chivda recipe but was looking for a healthy mixture option. I found an easy cornflakes chivda recipe in Kanan’s space. I was having some leftover cornflakes and decided to make it with a video. If you don’t have amchur powder and fennel seed powder, replace it with chaat masala.
I like spicy cornflakes chivda, so I haven’t added sugar while making this recipe. If you prefer your chivda to be a little sweet, then add 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar. Further, you can also add omapodi or sev, spicy boondi, to make it more tasty and flavorful. And your spicy cornflakes mixture is ready.
cornflakes chivda video
cornflakes chivda recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: snack
serves : 2 – 3
- cornflakes – 2 cups
- oil – 2 tablespoons
- mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – 8 – 10
- peanut – 1/4 cup
- roasted gram dal – 2 tablespoons
- cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons
- raisins – 2 tablespoons
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- fennel seed powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- amchur powder or dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- sugar – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- salt – to taste
how to make cornflakes chivda recipe with step by step photos
1.Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds.
2. Then add curry leaves and fry till they dry completely. There should not be any moisture left in them. Any left moisture will reduce the shelf life of chivda.
3. Add peanuts, roasted gram dal and cashew nuts. Saute for a few seconds. Fry until they become golden brown and crisp.
4. Then add raisins and fry till they puff up.
5. Reduce the flame to low. Now add the spice powders turmeric powder, red chili powder, fennel seed powder, amchur powder and salt, one by one and mix well. You can also add chaat masala instead of fennel powder and amchur powder. If you want you can also add sugar at this stage. Saute for a few seconds and then turn off the flame.
6. Now add 2 cups of cornflakes. If you are using corn poha or makai poha, then deep fry them in oil before adding them.
7. Mix gently without breaking the corn flakes.
8. cornflakes chivda is ready. Let it cool completely before storing in air-tight containers.
cornflakes chivda | cornflakes mixture recipe below
- cornflakes - 2 cups
- oil - 2 tablespoons
- mustard - ½ teaspoon
- curry leaves - 8 - 10
- peanut - ¼ cup
- roasted gram dal - 2 tablespoons
- cashew nuts - 2 tablespoons
- raisins - 2 tablespoons
- turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- red chili powder - ½ teaspoon
- fennel seed powder - ½ teaspoon
- amchur powder or dry mango powder - ½ teaspoon
- sugar - ½ teaspoon (optional)
- salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and fry till the entire moisture goes off.
- Add peanuts, roasted gram dal, cashew nuts and fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Add raisins and fry till they puff up.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- Add spice powders, salt and mix well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add corn flakes, mix well.
- cornflakes chivda is ready