Corn pakoda / corn pakora – is a tasty snack made with fresh corn kernals. I have made use of sweet corn kernals for making this corn fritters but you can also make use of regular corn for making this. Today, it is raining heavily and I had some fresh sweet corn in my fridge, so made this quick snack with corn to go with my evening cup of coffee. I love munching on garam pakodas along with a cup of coffee and enjoying the rain from my window..
At home we always stock sweet corn, peanuts, channa and other stuffs, so that we can send them snacks to school. Most of the time, we don’t prefer sending bakery bought sweets / snacks for kids. We always prefer making some corn chaat or peanut chaat or any other healthy snacks for kids rather other store bought items. I have made use of sweet corn kernals for making this corn pakora, but you can also make with regular corn. Now to the recipe..
|corn kernels||1 cup (boiled)|
|onion (small)||1 (finely chopped)|
|green chilly||1 (finely chopped)|
|ginger||1/2 inch piece (grated)|
|gram flour / besan / kadalamavu||1/2 cup|
|rice flour||1 tablespoon|
|red chilly powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|garam masala||1/4 teaspoon|
|asafoetida powder / hing||a pinch|
|fennel seeds||1/4 teaspoon|
|coriander leaves||1 tablespoon (finely chopped)|
1. Boil one medium corn cob in a pressure cooker or in a pot.
2. Drain it and keep aside for cooling.
3. Remove the corn kernals with a knife.
4. In a bowl, add the corn kernals, chopped onion, and all the other ingredients listed in the above ingredient list except oil. Mix everything well by adding enough water. (Don’t make it too watery, the batter should be of medium consistency. )
5. In a pan, heat oil. When oil is hot enough, take one spoonful of batter and drop it into the hot oil. Fry it in medium heat till it becomes golden brown.
6. Drain it and transfer it to an absorbent paper or a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
7. Serve it with green chutney or tomato sauce.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving