corn fried rice | sweet corn fried rice – a tasty and easy lunch recipe with sweet corn.
But recently I made veg fried rice recipe with sweet corn. It was very easy to make and tasty. I have used green capsicum and sweet corn kernels alone, but you can make use of any colored capsicum and vegetables like carrot to give a nice color and taste.
sweet corn fried rice recipe
- basmati rice – 2 cups, cooked
- oil – 2 tablespoons
- onion – 1/4
- garlic – 2 – 3, finely chopped
- spring onion white – 2 tablespoons
- capsicum – 4 tablespoons, finely chopped
- sweet corn – 1/2 cup, boiled or frozen
- vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- chili sauce – 1 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- spring onion green – 2 tablespoons
- salt – to taste
how to make corn fried rice recipe
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, add 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic and saute well.
2. Next add 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, and 2 tablespoons of spring onion white. Saute till onion turns translucent.
3. Add finely chopped capsicum, sweet corn kernels and saute on a high flame. You can also add other vegetables according to your taste preference.
4. Now add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, soy sauce and 1 teaspoon chili sauce. Saute on a high flame for a few seconds.
5. Next add in the cooked basmati rice along with 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder and salt. Carefully toss everything well so that the rice does not break.
6. Garnish with spring onion greens.
7. corn fried rice is ready. Serve with gobi manchurian or any other side dish.