corn fl0ur halwa recipe | bombay karachi halwa recipe with step by step photos – tasty and easy to make corn flour halwa recipe for diwali.
bombay karachi halwa | corn flour halwa with step by step photos – a tasty indian sweet recipe prepared with corn flour, sugar, dry fruits and ghee.
corn flour halwa is also called as bombay karachi halwa. I was planning to make halwa with corn flour for a long time, but every time, the amount of ghee required for making halwa pulls me back. Now since diwali is nearing, I thought of sharing this easy halwa recipe with my readers. It just needs less than 20 minutes to make this delicious halwa at home.
bombay karachi halwa tastes great when had on the same day. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
There are a few steps which you should take care of while making bombay karachi halwa. First one, mix corn flour in water well without any lumps. And second one is before adding the corn flour mixture to sugar syrup, mix it well. Corn flour might settle at the bottom, so mixing it makes it perfect. And the third step is keep of stirring while adding the corn flour mixture to the sugar syrup and keep stirring continuously until it forms a mass.
Let us now learn how to make corn flour halwa recipe with step by step photos.
corn flour halwa recipe
for cornflour mixture
- corn flour or corn starch – 1/2 cup
- water – 1 cup
for karachi halwa
- sugar – 1 and 1/2 cups
- water – 1 cup
- orange food color – a pinch
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- dry fruits – 1/4 cup
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- milk – 1 tablespoon
how to make corn flour halwa recipe with step by step photos
corn flour mixture recipe
1. Add 1/2 cup of corn flour to a bowl. Add around 1/2 cup of water and mix well without lumps. Add the rest of the water, mix well and keep it aside.
to make corn flour halwa
2. Add sugar and water to a bowl. Mix well. Bring it to a boil till the sugar melts. Add a tablespoon of milk. You will find the scum rising on the surface. Remove them with a spoon and transfer it to a plate.
3. Boil the sugar again for another 2 minutes.
4. Take the corn flour mixture stir well. Add the corn flour mixture to the sugar syrup. Keep stirring while adding the corn flour mixture, otherwise it will form lumps. Add a pinch of food color and mix it well with the mixture.
5. Keep stirring until it turns glossy. Once it turns glossy, start adding ghee one tablespoon at a time. The ghee will get absorbed completely. Then add another 1 tablespoon of ghee. Repeat this step until the entire ghee is used.
6. Add chopped dry fruits (if you are adding), cardamom powder and mix well. Keep mixing until the dry fruits get mixed well.
7. The mixture will come together will start forming lump. Don’t cook after this stage. Otherwise, it will become more rubbery.
8. Pour this mixture to a greased tray and spread evenly.
9. Let the halwa cool down completely. Invert it to a plate and tap gently. It will come out easily. Cut it into pieces.
10. corn flour halwa is ready.
corn flour halwa recipe | bombay karachi halwa recipe below
- for cornflour mixture
- corn flour or corn starch - ½ cup
- water - 1 cup
- for karachi halwa
- sugar - 1 and ½ cups
- water - 1 cup
- orange food color - a pinch
- ghee - ¼ cup
- dry fruits - ¼ cup
- cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- milk - 1 tablespoon
- Mix corn flour and water without lumps. Keep aside.
- Add sugar and water to a pan. Bring it to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the sugar syrup, mix well.
- Add a pinch of food color, mix well.
- Cook till it comes together as a mass.
- Transfer it to a greased tray.
- Allow it to cool completely
- Invert it to a plate. Cut and serve.
- corn flour halwa is ready.