corn croquettes recipe – tasty snack recipe with sweet corn.
I have always wanted to try croquettes recipe. Today, I am sharing the recipe of corn cheese croquettes. croquettes, the name may sound a little bit complicated, but the method of preparation is very similar to that of aloo tikki.
There is already a recipe of corn cheese balls in the blog. These corn croquettes are also almost the same except for a few steps. Sweet corns are a regular item at home and they are often boiled or made into corn cups and buttered corn.
The method of making corn croquettes is very easy. Boil the corn kernels and potatoes. I often have boiled potatoes ready. So I make use of them. Add all the other ingredients, dip them in a maida batter and roll them on bread crumbs, refrigerate it for a few minutes and then fry them till golden brown. If you are planning to make corn cheese croquettes for a party or get together, you can make them before hand and freeze them. Just before the party, fry them and serve hot.
corn croquettes recipe
- corn kernels – 1/2 cup, boiled
- potato – 1, boiled and mashed
- ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- garlic powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cornflour – 2 tablespoons
- coriander leaves – 3 tablespoons, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- cheese – 2 – 3 cubes
for outer coating
- maida or all purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- water – as required
- breadcrumbs – as required
- refined oil – for frying
how to make corn corquettes recipe
1.Pressure cook potatoes for 3 – 4 whistles or until they get cooked well. Allow it to cool. Peel the skin, mash with a fork or a potato masher to make a smooth paste.
2. Mix mashed potato boiled corn kernels, finely grated ginger, garlic powder, pepper powder, salt, cornflour and coriander leaves. Mix well to make a dough.
3. Divide he dough into equal sized balls. Cut the cheese cubes into smaller cubes and stuff each corn ball with cheese and reshape them.
4. Make a thin batter with maida or all purpose flour and water. Take breadcrumbs in a plate.
5. Take each ball, dip them in maida batter and roll them on the breadcrumbs. Repeat the same steps with the rest of the batter.
6. Refrigerate them for 10 minutes.
7. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, carefully drop the croquettes one by one and fry them on a medium flame till they turn golden brown on all the sides.
8. Remove them from hot oil using a slotted spoon and serve hot.