Coconut milk is the liquid that you get from scraped coconut. Usually in Kerala cuisine we make use of all three extracts the thick (onnam paal) , semi thick (randam paal) and the thin one (moonam paal). But now a days, coconut milk or milk powder is readily available in the market. This helps you to get coconut milk faster.
How to make coconut milk (from fresh coconut)
coconut (grated) – 1
1. In the grated coconut, pour two cups of boiling water and squeeze out the liquid. This makes the thick milk
2. Add two more cups of water and in the same way squeeze nicely and take the liquid out. This makes the semi- thick milk
3. Add enough water and same way take liquid out which will look more watery. This is the thin milk
How to make coconut milk (from coconut milk powder)
1. Mix 25grams of coconut milk powder with 100 ml water to get thick coconut milk.
2. Mix 25grams of coconut milk powder with 200 ml water to get thin coconut milk
How to make coconut milk (from coconut milk strore brought)
1. With 1 can (400ml) coconut milk which will be thick coconut milk.
2. Take 1 can of coconut milk, shake well. Pour half of the contents to another bowl and add 1 cup of water to it. This will make thin coconut milk. The other half can be used as thick coconut milk.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.