coconut mawa truffles recipe – tasty and easy to make dessert recipe.
truffles are a perfect dessert for any party or special occasion. This coconut mawa truffle is pretty easy to make, tasty and is suitable for all celebrations.
coconut mawa truffles
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: dessert, sweet
serves: 3 – 4
for khoya filling:
- milk powder – 1 cup
- ghee – 1/4 cup
- milk – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 4 tablespoons
- kesar or saffron – few strands
for homemade condensed milk:
- milk – 2 and 1/2 cups
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- butter – 1 tablespoon
for coconut mawa truffles
- desiccated shredded coconut
how to make coconut mawa truffles recipe
1.To make coconut mawa truffles, first, let us prepare mawa. Mix the milk powder, milk and ghee together in a pan to form a paste. Mix well so that there are no lumps.
2. Heat this mixture in a pan and cook on a low-medium flame till it forms a thick mawa.
3. Now add in the sugar and keep stirring till it dissolves and thickens. Crush kesar or saffron and add it to the mawa, mix well. Keep aside.
homemade condensed milk:
4. Heat the milk and sugar together in a saucepan and cook on a low-medium flame till it thickens. It takes about 35 to 40 minutes.
5. Add butter, stir and then turn off the flame. Allow it to cool. If you are running short of time, you can also make use of store bought condensed milk.
to make coconut mawa truffles
6. Divide the prepared kesar mawa mixture into equal sized pieces. Take each piece, place one almond in the middle and shape them into balls.
7. Now dip these balls in the cold condensed milk and coat them with desiccated coconut powder. coconut mawa truffles are ready. Chill and serve.