coconut ladoo recipe | nariyal ladoo | coconut laddu recipe with step by step photos and video – coconut ladoo is a very popular Indian sweet recipe made with coconut. The highlight of this dish is that it is a 3 ingredient coconut ladoo made with coconut, milk, and sugar.
coconut ladoo is a popular sweet dish which is made during diwali festival. I have already shared an easy coconut ladoo recipe with condensed milk. This nariyal ladoo is a little bit different as it uses milk and sugar and takes little more time to cook than the previous one and is the commonly used method. But both are equally tasty. There are also other versions of coconut laddu prepared using khoya, and also using sugar syrup.
You can use both desiccated coconut or fresh coconut for making coconut ladoo. In the case of desiccated coconut, let it soak in milk for a few minutes before making laddus. Also sugar can be replaced with a better alternative jaggery or with brown sugar. But they will produce brown colored ladoos. You might be interested in other sweet recipes like gulab jamun, coconut burfi, kalakand, 7 cup burfi, besan ladoo, besan burfi, and many others.
Let us see how to make coconut ladoo recipe with step by step photos and video.
coconut ladoo recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 25 minutes
recipe type: dessert
- coconut – 2 cups, fresh or desiccated
- milk – 2 and 1/2 cups
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons, chopped
- cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- ghee or clarified butter – 1 teaspoon
- desiccated coconut – as required
how to make coconut ladoo recipe with step by step photos
1.To make coconut ladoo recipe, heat ghee in a pan. Add cashew nuts, fry till it starts changing color. Transfer it to another plate. Into the same pan, add 2 cups of fresh or desiccated coconut and saute for a few seconds. Add 2 and 1/2 cups of milk to it, mix well and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the flame to low.
2. Cook on a medium-low flame until entire moisture gets absorbed. Keep stirring constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. When the moisture goes off, add sugar and mix well. You can increase the amount of sugar if desired.
4. Keep stirring continuously on a low flame. After some time you will find that the sugar starts melting and mixture becomes little watery. Keep stirring continuously until the entire water evaporates.
5. Add fried cashew nuts, cardamom powder, mix well. Turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool down a little for about 10 minutes.
6. While the mixture is still warm, take small portions of the mixture and shape into ladoos.
7. Take desiccated coconut on a plate. Take each ladoo and roll it in desiccated coconut. This step is optional, but I love it as it makes the nariyal ladoo more attractive.
8. Serve coconut ladoo immediately or store it in an air-tight container for one week.
coconut ladoo recipe| nariyal ladoo
- coconut - 2 cups, fresh or desiccated
- milk - 2 and ½ cups
- sugar - ½ cup
- cashew nuts - 2 tablespoons, chopped
- cardamom powder - ½ teaspoon
- ghee or clarified butter - 1 teaspoon
- desiccated coconut - as required
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add cashew nuts and fry them till golden. Transfer it to a plate.
- In the same pan, add coconut and saute for a few seconds.
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low and cook on a medium low flame till the entire moisture goes off.
- Then add sugar and saute.
- Again cook on a low flame till the moisture goes off and the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add cardamom powder, roasted cashew nuts, mix well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take small portions of the mixture and shape them into ladoos.
- coconut ladoo is ready. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.