|coconut (scraped)||1/2 cup|
|roasted chana dal||2 tablespoon|
|ginger||one small piece|
|curd / yogurt||4 tablespoons|
|water||4 -5 tablespoons|
|coconut oil||1 tablespoon|
|mustard seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
|urud dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|asafoetida powder / hing||one pinch|
|dry red chilies||2|
1. Whisk yogurt nicely till it becomes smooth.
2. Take coconut, roasted channa dal, ginger, green chili and water in a mixer jar and grind it till it becomes smooth.
3. Add whisked yogurt to chutney, add salt and mix well. Keep it aside.
4. Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Then add urud dal, dry red chilies, curry leaves and hing. Saute till urud dal turns golden brown in color.
5. Turn off the flame and add the tempering to the ground chutney.
6. Mix well. Serve coconut curd chutney with idli, dosa, or with vada.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving