chutney sandwich recipe or green chutney sandwich – tasty and easy sandwich recipe which can be served for breakfast or as a tea time snack. chutney sandwich is nothing but a sandwich made with green chutney and cheese filling.
green chutney is a very popular Indian chutney recipe made with coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger, green chili and few other spices. It is often made in all houses and served as an accompaniment with chaats, and sometimes along with chapati, roti. It is very easy to make. Throw all the ingredients to a mixer jar, grind to a smooth paste. Done. Green chutney is ready and can be stored in refrigerator for 3 – 4 days.
If you have green chutney at home, then this sandwich is one of the easiest breakfast or after school snack. I made this as a breakfast sandwich for my daughter.
While making chutney sandwich, my mom adds coconut and a small pinch of tamarind, but I don’t prefer coconut in my sandwich. If you are adding coconut, then avoid other ingredients like chaat masala, lemon juice, cumin powder. This sandwich will also be equally tasty.
Let us see how to make chutney sandwich recipe.
chutney sandwich recipe
preparation time: 10 mins
recipe type: breakfast, snacks
serves: 2- 3
- bread slices – 10 – 12 slices
- cheese slices – 5 – 6
- butter – 2 – 3 tablespoons
for green chutney
- coriander leaves – 1 cup
- mint leaves – 1/2 cup
- green chili – 1 – 2
- ginger – 1- inch piece
- cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- chaat masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon juice – from one small lemon
- sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
how to make chutney sandwich recipe
1. Wash and clean coriander leaves, mint leaves well in clear water. Drain and keep it aside.
2. Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chili, ginger, cumin powder, pepper powder, and chaat masala to a blender and blend till smooth. Don’t add water while grinding. I use preeti mixer. Pulse 5 – 6 times and you will find everything coming together. If you find it difficult to grind, all 1 tablespoon of water and grind.
3. Transfer to a bowl. Add lemon juice, mix well. Keep it aside.
4. Take bread slices and trim the edges. I have used the edges. Take two bread pieces and apply butter. On top of that add 1 tablespoon of green chutney on both the bread pieces. Spread well.
5. Take one piece of bread and place a cheese slice on top of the green chutney. Cover with the other bread slice with the green chutney on top of the cheese. You can serve it as such or toast it in a toaster.
6. chutney sandwich is ready to serve. Cut it diagonally and serve.