Since Diwali is nearing and lots of people either friends or relatives will be visiting us daily, this will be an easy snack which can be served to them and also to your children.
If you want the fritters to be very spicy, you can add 1 green chilly but if you are serving it to kids, then it would be enough if you add half of a chilly.
|corn flour||1 cup|
|sombu / fennel seed||1 teaspoon|
|ginger||1 small piece (crushed or grated)|
|Oil||for deep frying|
1. In a bowl add the maize flour and salt. Mix it well.
2. Then add little water mix everything well
3. Then add the chopped onion, green chilly, curry leaves, coriander leaves and fennel seed / perumjeerakam. The more you add onion, the more tasty fritters you will get.
4. Combine all the ingredients together. Add more water if required.
5. Make small balls out of these and place it separately on a plate.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Take a small banana leaf or parchment paper, and brush little oil on top of that.
8. Take each ball press it gently to make a small circle.
9. Put it into the hot oil and fry on both sides.