chocolate ice cream recipe without ice cream maker or eggless chocolate ice cream recipe – Today, I am sharing an easy homemade eggless chocolate ice cream recipe.
Made with fresh cream, corn flour, sugar, cocoa powder and milk, this is one of the best chocolate ice cream you have tasted. And the most important point is that this is a chocolate ice cream recipe without ice cream maker.
This chocolate ice cream recipe is made with very few readily available ingredients and hence can be made easily at home. Most of the ice creams need either an ice cream maker which is rarely available at home. There are other easy to make chocolate ice cream recipes which call for heavy cream which is not easily available in India. But this easy chocolate ice cream needs fresh cream which has 35% fat content. I have used milky mist fresh cream which has 40% fat and it worked perfectly for me. It was very soft and creamy and melts in your mouth.
If you live in a region where you get heavy cream, you can make use of that. Alternatively, you can also use whipped cream directly. In India, whipped cream and heavy cream is difficult to find. It is not that it is not available, but only in selected shops. So I have made ice cream with fresh cream.
Let us see how to make chocolate ice cream recipe with step by step photos. You might also be interested in strawberry ice cream.
eggless chocolate ice cream recipe
preparation time: 14 hours
cooking time: 10 minutes
recipe type: dessert, ice cream
serves: 3 – 4
- cocoa powder – 6 tablespoons
- milk – 2 and 1/2 cups
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- cornflour – 1 tablespoon
- fresh cream – 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- vanilla essence – few drops
- icing sugar – 2 tablespoons
how to make chocolate ice cream recipe with step by step photos
1.Combine cornflour and 2 tablespoons of milk in a small bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
2. Combine cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of milk in a non-stick pan. Mix well so that the cocoa powder gets mixed well with the milk without lumps. Cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside. Let it cool.
3. In another pan, add the remaining 2 cups of milk, sugar, mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Now add the cornflour mixture, and mix well. Before adding the cornflour mixture, stir it well so that the cornflour gets mixed well. Keep stirring continuously and cook on low flame for another 3 minutes. Turn off the flame.
4. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well. The custard for chocolate ice cream is ready. Check the consistency of the custard by dipping a spoon into the mixture. The custard should coat the back of the spoon. Allow it to cool completely. Keep aside.
5. Now let us prepare whipped cream for chocolate ice cream. For this recipe, I have used fresh cream with 40% fat. Add fresh cream into a bowl. To this add icing sugar, vanilla essence, mix well. Take ice cubes in another bowl. Keep the bowl containing fresh cream on top of the ice cubes. Now using an electric beater, whip the cream mixture until it forms soft peaks. (Place the beater attachment and the bowl inside the fridge for a few minutes. This will help you to get soft peaks easily.)
6. Fold the prepared chocolate custard into the whipped cream very gently.
7. Transfer the prepared ice cream into an ice cream tray or a freezer safe container and freeze for 3 hours. After 3 hours, take it out and beat well to break any ice crystals. Freeze for another 8 to 12 hours.
8. chocolate ice cream is ready. Scoop and serve.
eggless chocolate ice cream recipe
- cocoa powder - 6 tablespoons
- milk - 2 and ½ cups
- sugar - ½ cup
- cornflour - 1 tablespoon
- fresh cream - ½ cup + 1 tablespoon
- vanilla essence - few drops
- icing sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Mix cornflour and milk in a bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix cocoa powder and milk. Mix well. Cook on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, bring milk and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce the flame, add cornflour-milk mixture and cook for few minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add the prepared chocolate mixture to this. Mix well. Keep aside.
- Check the consistency. The custard should have a coating consistency.
- Allow it to cool.
- Whisk together fresh cream, sugar and vanilla essence till it forms soft peaks.
- Add the chocolate custard to this and fold gently.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer proof bowl and refrigerate it for 3 hours.
- beat it well to remove ice cubes.
- Again freeze it for another 12 hours.
- chocolate ice cream is ready.