chocolate bark recipe | fruit and nut chocolate bark recipe with step by step photos – tasty and easy to make dessert with chocolate.
chocolate bark is melted chocolate topped with dry fruits. It is very easy to make if you have chocolate at hand. I used dark chocolate for making this, but you can also use a combination of dark and milk chocolate or any combination depending on your taste preference.
The usage of dry fruits can vary depending on your preference. I used cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds.
chocolate bark recipe
- dark chocolate – 1 cup, roughly chopped
- almonds – 1 tablespoon
- cashew nuts – 1 tablespoon
- pistachios – 1 tablespoon
- tutti frutti – 2 tablespoons
how to make chocolate bark recipe with step by step photos
1. Roughly chop the dark chocolate and add them to a heat proof bowl. The bowl should be dry, any drop of water will seize up the chocolate.
2. Take water in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Turn off the heat.
3. Place the bowl containing chocolate over the saucepan. Be careful, the water should not splash into the bowl. Do not stir. Let the chocolate sit in the bowl over hot water uncovered, until it is 2/3 melt.
4. Once the chocolate is 2/3 melted, stir gently until it melts further.
5. Remove the bowl from water, place it on a kitchen towel to absorb any water from the bottom of the bowl. Stir in the remaining chocolate. Stir gently until the entire chocolate gets melted.
6. If the chocolate cools too much during the process, then place the bottom of the bowl back into the hot water for 1 to 2 seconds. Remove quickly and mix the chocolate so that they melt. Keep aside.
7. Now toast the nuts in a kadai or a pan until they turn crisp. Turn off the flame. Add tutti frutti to it, mix and keep aside.
8. Lay a parchment paper on a plate or tray, pour the melted chocolate on top. Spread the chocolate into a thin layer.
9. Sprinkle the nuts mixture on top of it and gently press them with your fingers.
10. Leave it aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
11. Break it roughly and enjoy your chocolate bark.
chocolate bark recipe | fruit and nut chocolate bark recipe below
- dark chocolate - 1 cup, roughly chopped
- almonds - 1 tablespoon
- cashew nuts - 1 tablespoon
- pistachios - 1 tablespoon
- tutti frutti - 2 tablespoons
- Roughly chop the chocolate.
- Melt them using double boiling method. Keep aside.
- Toast the chopped nuts until they turn crisp.
- Add tutti frutti to the toasted nuts.
- Lay a parchment paper on a plate or tray.
- Spread the melted chocolate mixture into a thin layer.
- Sprinkle dry fruits on top and gently press with your fingers.
- Leave it aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces. chocolate bark is ready