Ingredients required (recipe source : here)
|Maida / all purpose flour||2 cups|
|Baking soda||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1/2 cup|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|beetroot||2 (medium sized)|
|Warm water||3/4 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 teaspoon|
|Cooking spray / vegetable oil|
1. Wash the beetroot in clean water and peel the skin. Cut it into small pieces. In a pan add the beetroots and cover it with just enough water. Allow it to cook for some time till they become tender.
2. Drain the excess water and puree it in a blender until smooth.
3. In a bowl, mix together, all purpose flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Whisk it well so that they combine together.
4. Whisk in eggs, oil, vanilla essence, water and 1/4 cup beetroot puree.
5. Grease a cake tin and pour this mixture into the cake tin.
6. Preheat oven. Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 45 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 – 20 minutes. Take the cake from the pan, decorate in your own way. As I told, I have just done a simple decoration with milk chocolate. (Sorry the picture is not clear. My daughter was ready to grab it, so just clicked once and gave it to her. Will click the picture and update soon.)
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving.