Sapota is one of those fruits which is good for health, and very delicious. This fruit contains a wide array nutrients packed in them. The flesh of this fruit is easily digestible and replenishes our body by providing energy due to its high content of glucose. This fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals, and tannins. It has got a sugary taste which makes it best for milkshakes. Chikoo is high in vitamin A, which helps to improve vision. Due to the presence of tannins chikoo is a good anti-inflammatory agent. It is also useful to prevent a certain type of cancers. So isn’t it healthy?
chikoo milkshake can be easily made at home with readily available ingredients, chikoo, milk, sugar and cardamom powder. I have used regular sugar here, but you can also use honey or organic cane sugar. They are better substitutes to regular sugar.
Now to the recipe of chikoo milkshake.
chikoo milkshake recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
recipe type: milkshake, beverage
serves: 2 – 3
- chikoo or sapota – 2 cups, roughly chopped
- milk – 2 and 1/2 to 3 cups
- sugar or honey – as required
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
how to make chikoo milkshake recipe
1. To make chikoo milkshake, let us first peel the skin from chikoo, cut into pieces and remove the seeds. Roughly chop them.
2. Add the chopped chikoo pieces along with 1/2 a cup of milk, sugar, cardamom powder to a blender or a mixer jar. Blend till it becomes a smooth paste.
3. Now add the remaining milk, and blend for a few more seconds.
4. Serve chikoo milkshake chilled. You can also add ice cubes while serving.