chickpea tikki | chole tikki | chana tikki recipe – tasty and healthy snack recipe
chana tikki is a tasty and spicy tea time snack. Serve it with green chutney, sweet tamarind chutney or with tomato ketchup.
chole tikki is a tasty, easy to make and protein packed snack with very less oil. They are nutritious, shallow fried snack which can be packed in kid’s snack box.
You have to soak chickpeas in enough water for 7 to 8 hours and cook them. Alternatively, you can also make use of canned chickpeas.
chickpea tikki | chana tikki
- chick peas or chana – 1 cup, boiled
- onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- ginger – 1 teaspoon, grated
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- cabbage – 1/4 cup
- mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- salt – to taste
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- oil – 2 – 3 tablespoons
how to make chickpea tikki recipe – chana tikki
1. Wash and soak chana in enough water for 7 to 8 hours. Pressure cook chana with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and enough water till they get cooked well.
2. Drain out the excess water from the chickpeas and wipe them with a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
3. Mash the chickpeas coarsely.
4. Transfer it to a bowl. To this add all the other ingredients except oil and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal sized balls. Shape them into patties.
5. Heat oil in a tawa. Carefully place the prepared tikkis one by one and fry them on both the sides till they become golden brown.
6. chana tikki is ready. Serve chickpea tikki with green chutney, tamarind chutney or with tomato ketchup.