chena kheer recipe | chenna kheeri | channar payesh – tasty dessert recipe with chena or paneer
chena kheer | chena kheeri | channar payesh is an easy and quick dessert which can be prepared during any special occasion using chena, milk, dry fruits and sugar. If you want to make a quick and delicious dessert for Ganesh Chaturthi, paneer kheer fits perfectly.
The number of ingredients needed for making chena kheer is very small as you need some milk, sugar and dry fruits. There is already a recipe of paneer kheer in the blog. chena kheer is surely one of my favorite desserts for the festival.
Garnishing the kheer with nuts reinforces the kheer with more protein and other nutrients too, making this a wonderful dessert for growing kids and adults too.
Serve chena kheer warm or chilled. You can also find other wonderful recipes culnary express.
chena kheer recipe | chenna kheeri
preparation time: 20 minutes
cooking time: 20 minutes
recipe type: dessert
serves: 2 – 3
equipment used: pan
ingredients for making chenna kheeri
for making chena
- full cream milk – 1/2 litre (for making chena)
- lemon – 1
for chena kheer
- full fat milk – 3/4 litre
- sugar – 5 to 6 tablespoons
- cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- almonds – 10, finely sliced
- pistachios – 10, finely sliced
- cashew nuts – 10 to 15 powdered
- rose water – 1 teaspoon
how to make channar payesh recipe
to prepare chena
1.Add 1/2 litre milk to a pan and bring it to a boil. Turn off the flame and leave it aside for 3 – 4 minutes.
2. To this add lemon juice little at a time and keep stirring. Repeat this step and keep adding lemon juice until the entire milk gets curdled.
3. Strain the curdled milk through a cheese cloth or a muslin cloth. Add cold water immediately over the chena to remove the smell of lemon and to stop further cooking.
4. Collect all the edges of the muslin cloth, squeeze it well to remove all the excess water from the chena.
6. Curmble the prepared chena with your fingers and keep aside. Chena is ready.
to make chena kheer
7. In a thick bottomed pan, and bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame to low and cook on a low flame until it gets reduced to half in quantity. Stir in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
8. Powder cashew to a coarse powder with some small chunks in it. Add the powdered cashew to the milk. Give it a mix. Add sugar, cardamom powder, mix well and cook it for a few more minutes.
9. Now add the crumbled chena to the milk and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes in a low flame. Add rose water and turn off the flame.
10. Pour the kheer into serving bowls and garnish with chopped nuts.
11. Serve chena kheer warm or chilled and enjoy this odissa special chenna kheeri for Ganesh Chaturthi.