Toor dal – 3/4 cup (2 hands full)
spinach – 2 bunches
green chillies – 2
turmeric powder – 1 tsp
chilly powder – 1 tsp
grated coconut – 1/2 cup
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
mustard seeds – 1 tsp
dry red chilly – 2
curry leaves (few)
onion (shallots are preferred)- 4- 5
1. Wash the palak, chop it finely.
2. Grind the ingredients given under “for grinding”. Grind it to form a smooth paste by adding enough water.
1. In a pressure cooker add toor dal and cook for 3 whistles. Allow the pressure to subside.
2. Add the chopped palak, turmeric powder, chilli powder, water, salt and green chillies to the dal and allow it to cook. This gets cooked easily.
3. Then keep the stove in sim and add the ground paste to this dal palak mix and allow it to boil. Don’t boil too much other wise it will curdle.
4. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add dry red chilly, curry leaves and chopped shallots(fry the shallots till they leave a nice aroma)
5. Serve it with rice or roti
sending this to http://www.sizzlingtastebuds.com/
For any suggestions, queries or comments contact : [email protected]