chana dal chaat recipe – tasty and easy to make chaat recipe with masala chana dal.
masala chana dal is a tasty fried and spiced chana dal. This chana dal chaat is very famous in the North of India. It is a street food which you will find in every nook and corner. My daughter always make fried peanut chaat whenever she feels hungry. This is an easy chaat recipe which can be made easily at home to crave sudden hunger prangs.
You can also try making the same recipe with roasted peanuts. It also tastes great. It can be served as a tea time snack or simply as such.
chana dal chaat recipe
preparation time: 10 minutes
recipe type: snacks
- masala chana dal – 1 cup
- onion – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- tomato – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- green chilies – 1/2 teaspoon, finely chopped
- chaat masala – 3/4 teaspoon
- sev – as required
- papdi – few, crushed
- salt – to taste
how to make masala chana dal recipe
1.Add masala chana dal, finely chopped onion, tomato, green chili, coriander leaves into a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add salt, chaat masala, and lemon juice, mix well.
3. Transfer to a serving plate. Top it up with crushed papdi, sev and few finely chopped coriander leaves.
4. Serve immediately. Otherwise, it will lose its crispiness.
5. Serve chana chaat with tea or coffee.