|curry leaves / karuveppilla||1 cup|
|urud dal||1 tablespoon|
|channa dal||1 tablespoon|
|coconut (scraped)||1/2 cup|
|tamarind||1 small piece|
|dry red chilly||2 – 3|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|urud dal||1/2 teaspoon|
1. Wash curry leaves nicely and pat it drywith a kitchen towel.
2. In a pan, heat oil, add urud dal, channa dal and dry red chillies. Saute till dal starts changing colour.
3. Now add curry leaves to it and saute it in low flame for some more time.
4. Next step, add scraped coconut, tamarind and salt. Mix well. Saute it again for another 3 – 4 minutes.
5. Turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
6. Once the mixture is cooled, grind it to form a smooth paste. Add water to get the required consistency.
7. In another pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add urud dal and hing, saute till urud dal becomes golden brown in colour. Turn off the gas.
8. Pour the seasoning over the chutney. This can be served with idly, dosa, appam.
Check out for :
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving