|cooked rice||1 cup|
|carrots (grated)||3/4 cup|
|ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|red chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|garam masala powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|coriander leaves||1 tablespoon|
|fennel seeds / perumjeerakam||1/2 teaspoon|
|cashew||8 – 10|
|cinnanon||1/4 inch piece|
1. Cook rice with little salt and oil. Spread it on a plate to make the grains separated.
2. Heat oil and thee in a pan, add cashews,(let it change color) roast it and keep it aside.
3. In the same pan, add the items listed under “to temper” except cashews. Saute for a few seconds.
4. Then add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn slightly brownish in color.
5. Next add freshly grated carrots, and saute till the raw smell goes off. (wait till it wilts and reduce in volume)
6. Then add salt, red chilli powder, and garam masala.
7. Saute till the masala gets blended with the carrots.
8. Add cashews, rice, and mix well. Cook on low flame for 2 – 3 minutes, garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Carrot rice is ready. Serve it with any raita of your choice.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving