carrot raita recipe
- carrot – 3/4 cup
- curd or yogurt – 1 cup
- salt – to taste
- chaat masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin seeds or jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- green chili – 1, finely chopped
- asafoetida powder or hing – a pinch
how to make carrot raita with step by step photos
2. In a pan heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Then add the other ingredients “for seasoning”, saute for few seconds and turn off the stove. Keep it aside. (Use little oil for seasoning. Somehow, I was distracted and added more oil which you can see on the top of the pic. It’s not appealing)
1. Wash carrots nicely, peel off the skin and grate them using a grater. Keep it aside.
3. Beat curd along with salt.
4. To this add grated carrots and chaat masala. Mix well. Add the seasoned ingredients. Garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Serve it with variety rice , roti, paratha etc.