carrot milkshake recipe – a tasty, healthy, easy milkshake recipe for kids and elders.
This healthy milkshake can be made using cooked or raw carrots, but somehow, I prefer making carrot milkshake recipe with cooked carrots. making milkshake with cooked carrot gives a nice smooth texture to the milkshake.
carrot milkshake recipe
preparation time: 5 minutes
recipe type: beverage
- milk – 2 cups
- carrot – 4 large, peeled and grated
- almonds – 4 – 5
- water – 1/4 cup
- sugar – 4 tablespoons (or honey)
- cardamom powder – a pinch
how to make carrot milkshake recipe
1.Wash and peel the carrots. Grate them using a grater and keep aside.
2. Heat 1/4 cup of water or milk in a bowl. Add the grated carrots and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes or until the entire water gets absorbed and carrots are cooked well. Turn off the flame and allow the carrot to cool.
3. Soak almonds in hot water for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove the skin and keep aside.
4. Add the blanched almonds, grated cooked carrots, 1/2 cup of chilled milk, sugar to a blender jar. Blend until everything is blended well smoothly.
5. Add the rest of the chilled milk, blend well until frothy.
6. Serve carrot milkshake