carrot kosambari recipe | moong dal carrot salad – a tasty, healthy and easy South Indian style salad recipe. kosambari is a popular prasadam served on Rama Navami, an Indian festival.
moong dal carrot salad | carrot kosambari recipe – kosambari is a delicious, protein rich dish, with less oil. It is good for weight reduction. I had kosambari for the first time at a marriage function. From that day, I prepare it very often.
carrot kosambari can be served as a side dish along with rice, but I prefer to have it as a light dinner or as a snack. And the important part is that it does not involve a lot of cooking. Just mix everything, temper and the simple healthy moong dal carrot salad is ready.
The method of making carrot kosambari is very easy. Wash and soak moong dal in enough water for 2 hours. Drain the excess water, mix it with grated carrots, salt. Temper the ingredients and mix with the salad. One important thing to be noticed while making kosambari is that lemon juice should be added just before serving, else the salad with start releasing water.
carrot kosambari recipe recipe
- carrots – 2 cups, grated
- moong dal – 1/4 cup
- green chili – 1
- salt – to taste
- lemon juice – as required
- coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
- coriander leaves – few
- oil – 1 teaspoon
- mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- urad dal – 1/4 teaspoon
- curry leaves – few
- hing or asafetida powder – a pinch
how to make carrot kosambari recipe for rama Navami
1. Wash and soak moong dal in enough water for 2 hours.
3. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot enough, splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped green chilies, urad dal, curry leaves, hing and saute.
4. Pour it on the salad, mix well.
5. Finally, add lemon juice, grated coconut, mix well. carrot kosambari is ready.