carrot kheer recipe or carrot payasam – tasty and healthy Indian dessert made with carrots.
carrot kheer also called as carrot payasam is a tasty indian sweet made with grated carrots, milk, sugar, condensed milk. kheer is a very popular indian sweet recipe
carrot payasam is a super delicious, easy to make carrot pudding which is perfect for celebrations like Diwali, New year or any other. You can make use of normal carrots or reddish delhi carrots for making this dessert. I have used regular carrot for making carrot kheer.
The method of preparing carrot kheer is very easy. Grate the carrots and saute them in ghee until they get cooked. Grind the sauteed carrots along with cashew nuts. Cook the pureed carrots along with milk, and sugar until they get cooked and thickens slightly. Finally, add condensed milk. carrot kheer is ready.
carrot kheer recipe
- carrots – 2, washed, peeled and grated
- milk – 1 liter
- sugar – 4 tablespoons
- condensed milk – 2 teaspoons
- ghee – 1 tablespoon
- saffron – a pinch
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 7 – 8
- raisins -3 – 4
how to make carrot kheer recipe with step by step photos
1.Wash and peel carrots. Grate it using a grater and keep it aside.
2. Add a pinch of saffron to 1 tablespoon of warm milk and keep aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee becomes hot enough, add cashew nuts, and saute till cashew nut starts changing color. Transfer it to another plate. In the same pan, add raisins and saute till they puff up. Remove it from the pan and transfer it to the plate along with roasted cashew nuts.
4. To the same pan add grated carrots, and saute it for a few seconds till it gets cooked. Turn off the flame. Allow it to cool.
5. Transfer the grated carrots to a mixer jar along with cashew nuts and grind it to a smooth paste.
6. Add the carrot puree into the pan along with milk, and mix well. Bring it to a boil. Let it boil for a few minutes.
7. Add sugar and mix until sugar melts completely. Add condensed milk, mix well. Add the saffron milk, and boil it for 2 – 3 minutes. Finally, add the cardamom powder, mix well. Turn off the flame.
8. Finally add roasted cashew nuts, mix well.
carrot kheer or carrot payasam recipe below
- carrots - 2, washed, peeled and grated
- milk - 1 liter
- sugar - 4 tablespoons
- condensed milk - 2 teaspoons
- ghee - 1 tablespoon
- saffron - a pinch
- cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- cashew nuts - 7 - 8
- raisins -3 - 4
- Grate carrots.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Roast cashew nuts and saute well. Transfer it to a plate.
- In the same pan, add grated carrots and saute well.
- Grind the grated carrots to a smooth paste.
- Add the carrot puree along with milk to a pan. Bring it to a boil.
- Add milk, condensed milk, mix well.
- Add saffron milk, boil for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, mix well.
- Finally, add roasted cashew nuts, mix well.
- Serve carrot kheer hot or cold.