This is an easy to make dry vegetarian dish. This is a dish from Kerala. This is made with three vegetables, carrots, beans and potatoes and can be served with plain rice and curry or curd rice or even goes well with chapatti. This is very easy to prepare and can be made in very less time and very healthy too.
Now to the recipe….
|Beans||10 – 12|
|mustard seeds||1 teaspoon|
|dry red chilly||1 or 2|
|channa dal||1 teaspoon|
|Chilly powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Wash all the vegetables. Chop the vegetables and keep it aside. Chop the potatoes and put it in water to avoid discolouration. Crush the onions. If you are making use of shallots you can crush it. ( If you don’t have shallots you can use 1 normal onion.)
2. In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter. Then add channa dal, dry red chilly and curry leaves. Sauté it for a few seconds. Then add crushed onions ans sauté for some time. (Here I have added normal onion since I didn’t have shallots)
3. Then add chilly powder, turmeric powder and sauté for a few seconds till the raw smell goes off.
4. Add the potatoes, beans and carrots and sauté again for some time.
5. Add 1/4 cup of water. Allow it to boil. Then once it starts boiling, simmer the flame, cover the pan with a lid, and let it get cooked. Stir in between to avoid burning.
6. Uncover and cook for another 3 -4 minutes until it becomes dry.
7. Serve it with rice or chapatti.
If you find this post useful, please share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
enjoy cooking and serving