- Banana sheera recipe / banana and semolina halwa
- Fruit custard
- Rava kesari / semolina halwa
- Atta ladoo / wheat flour ladoo
CARROT ALMOND HALWA | GAJAR AUR BADAM KA HALWA
Gajar aur badam ka halwa – Ingredients
- carrots (grated) – 1 cup
- almonds (blanched) – 1/2 cup
- sugar – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- milk – 2 cups
- cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- cashew nuts – 5 – 6
- ghee – 6 – 7 tablespoon
How to Make Carrot Badam Halwa
1. Soak almonds in water overnight or (soak almonds in hot water for 1 hour. You can also microwave it for few seconds) and peel off the skin.2. Grind almonds into a smooth paste by adding milk. (Don’t add the entire milk, add 1 – 1 2/ tablespoons at a time. I used 1/4 cup of milk. ). Keep aside.
3. Heat two tablespoons of milk, add 6 – 7 strands of saffron and keep aside.
4. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon of ghee in a thick bottomed pan or a non-stick pan. Add cashew nuts and fry till golden brown. Transfer it to a plate and keep aside.
5. Add one more teaspoon of ghee to the same pan, add grated carrots and saute well till the raw smell goes off. (You will find that the carrots get shrinked and a nice aroma comes. )
6. Now add almond paste, 1 teaspoon of ghee, and then saute again for few seconds in low – medium flame.
6. Then add milk (1 1/2 cups) and saffron milk to the sauteed carrots, mix well and keep cooking on low – medium flame till everything comes together. Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
7. Once the milk has reduced and the mixture becomes slightly thick, then add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well. Combine the mixture well.
8. Check sugar. Add extra sugar if needed. Continue to cook on medium flame till the mixture becomes thick.
9. Turn off the stove and garnish with nuts.
10. Serve carrot almond halwa hot or cold.
Hope this post was useful. Do leave your comments, views or suggestions in the box below.
Enjoy cooking and serving