cabbage – 2 cups
coconut (grated) – 1/4 cup
onion(shallots) – 4-5
green chillies – 2 nos.
coconut oil – 3 tsp
mustard – 1tsp
urud dal – 2 tsp
curry leaves – 7-8
1. Clean and chop cabbage finely. (You can also cut them in thin long strips, it is your choice)
2. Grind together coconut, greenchillies and onions coarsely. (Don’t add water while grinding. If you press one pulse, that would be enough. You should not make a fine paste)
1. Heat coconut oil in a pan
2. Add mustard seeds allow it to splutter.
3. Add curry leaves, cabbage and salt.
4. Sprinkle little water, mix it well, close the pan with a lid and allow it to cook. Stir in between so that the cabbage does not get burnt.
4. Cook on slow fire .
5. Once the cabbage is cooked, add the ground masala and mix nicely.
6. Remove from stove. Serve it hot with rice
For similar recipes:
If you find this post useful, pleast share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button below. This will keep me motivated
Please share your comments, suggestions or queries at [email protected]
enjoy healthy and easy cooking