Buttered corn – guilt free snack
Buttered corn / cup corn / butter corn – very easy to make, tasty, healthy and guilt-free snack made with corn. Buttered corn or butter corn as the name suggests is nothing but boiled corn mixed with spices and butter. In India, you will find many stalls selling this buttered corn or masala corns. And these are often served in paper cups. Hence it is also called as cup corn.
At home, we all prefer masala corn, but kids prefer this butter corn as it is less spicy. I make this butter corn very often, whenever kids are at home.
You can make butter cup corn very easily with readily available ingredients at home. This is a very simple recipe which every body can try making.
You can also try making buttered corn in another way. Mix all the ingredients and except chaat masala, add mixed herbs and little cheese. Mix well. This will also be very tasty.
Today, I am sharing a basic recipe of buttered cup corn. Hope you like it.
Other corn recipes
buttered corn or cup corn recipe
Buttered corn – Ingredients
- sweet corn – 1 cup
- butter – 1 tablespoon
- chaat masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
how to make buttered corn
1. Cut corn into two and place it into a pressure cooker with enough water. Pressure cook for 1 whistle if you are using sweet corn or for 3 – 4 whistles in case of normal corn. Once cool, remove the corn kernels from the cob. In case of sweet corn, you can also remove the corn kernels from the cob and steam cook it in an idli cooker for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Add the corn kernels to a bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients like butter, chaat masala powder, pepper powder, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
3. Serve buttered corn hot or warm. It tastes great in both ways. But personally, I prefer hot cup corns.
Buttered corn recipe or cup corn recipe below
- sweet corn - 1 cup
- butter - 1 tablespoon
- chaat masala powder - ½ teaspoon
- pepper powder - ½ teaspoon
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- salt - to taste
- Pressure cook corn cobs until it becomes soft.
- Peel the corn from the cob and add it to a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned in the above list with the corn kernels and mix well.
- Serve hot.