4. tofu biryani
|brown rice||1 cups|
|mixed vegetables(I used carrot, beans, cauliflower and green peas)||1/2 cup|
|ginger garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|green chilly||1 – 2|
|mint leaves||one fistful|
|oil + ghee||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|coriander leaves||1 tablespoon (finely chopped)|
|cloves / grambu||3|
|cinnamon / patta||1 inch piece|
|elaichi / cardamom||1|
1. In a pan, boil water. Mean while, wash and clean brown rice. When water starts boiling, turn off the stove and add the water to the rice, keep it aside for 30 – 40 minutes. After 30 minutes, drain the rice and keep it aside.
2. Mean while, chop all the vegetables, onion, slit green chillies and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil + ghee in a pressure cooker.
4. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cinnamon and saute for few seconds.
5. Now add the sliced onions to it and saute till onion turns pinkish in color.
6. Now add ginger garlic paste and slit green chillies and saute till the raw smell goes off.
7. Next add pudina and saute well. Then add chopped vegetables, a little salt and mix well.
8. Now add 2 cups of water, salt and let it start boiling.
9. Then reduce the flame and add rice to it, mix well. Cover the pressure cooker, keep the flame in high and wait till the steam starts coming out. Then reduce the flame, put on the whistle and pressure cook for 15 – 18 minutes or for 3 whistles. Then turn off the flame (I cooked exactly for 16 minutes on low flame).
10. Wait till the pressure subsides. Then open the cooker, fluff the rice with a fork.
11. Brown rice pulao is ready. Serve it with onion tomato raita.
If you find this post useful, I would be happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving