- Eating poha regularly can prevent iron deficiency or anaemia. It is considered to be best for children and pregnant women.
- It is high in carbohydrates which gives energy for the body to perform various functions. This makes it a very healthy breakfast option.
|brown aval||1 1/2 cup|
|ginger||1 small piece (crushed)|
|garlic||1 – 2 (crushed)|
|mixed vegetables||1 cup|
|oil||2 -3 teaspoon|
|cinnamon||1 small piece|
1. Chop all the vegetables and keep it aside. You can make use of any veggies which is available at home. I have used carrots, beans, potato and cauliflower. Chop onion and keep them separately.
2. In a pan, heat oil, add cinnamon, cloves and saute it for some time.
3. Then add chopped onion, and saute till it becomes translucent. Now add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and curry leaves. Saute till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off.
4. Now add mixed vegetables, salt and saute it nicely. Then add 1/2 cup of water, bring it to boil. Then reduce the flame to low, cover with a lid and let it cook till the vegetables get cooked properly.
5. Once the aval is cooked, add aval / poha and mix gently. If the aval you are using is thick, sprinkle little water and cook covered for 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Turn off the stove. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Aval pulao is ready to be served.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
Enjoy cooking and serving