bread rolls recipe with step by step pics – bread rolls is a tasty snack recipe made with bread and potato stuffing.
Any variety of bread can be used for making bread rolls. Here I have used a simple potato stuffing, but you can also add carrots, peas to the stuffing.
One important thing to be noted while making bread rolls is that the oil for frying should not be too hot. If so, the bread pieces will stick to the pan while frying. Also, squeeze out all the excess water from the bread pieces befor frying.
Let us see how to make bread rolls with step by step pics .
bread rolls recipe
recipe name: potato bread rolls
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: – 20 mins
recipe type: snacks
serves: – 4 – 5
- bread slices – 8 (edges trimmed)
- potatoes – 3 medium
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- cumin seeds or jeerakam – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- dry mango powder or amchur powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger – 1 teaspoon grated
- green chili – 1 finely chopped
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- salt – to taste
how to make bread rolls recipe with step by step pics
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and wait till it sizzles.
2. Add finely chopped onion and saute. Then add mashed potato, turmeric powder, amchur powder, ginger, green chili, salt and mix well. Cook well for 2 – 3 minutes. Then add finely chopped coriander and turn off the flame. Wait till the mixture cools.
3. Mix well and divide the mixture into equal parts. Give them an oblong shape.
for making bread roll
4. Trim the edges of the bread slices. In a bowl add 1 tablespoon of maida and to this add few tablespoons of water. Mix well and keep it aside.
5. Wet your palms with water. Place the bread slices in between your palm to make sure that the bread slices are just moist. The main idea behind this process is to make the bread flexible. If this step is not done properly, then you won’t get the perfect shape. Bread piece will break while rolling.
6. Take 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of potato mixture. Place it on the center of the bread slice. Roll them and brush the edges with flour mixture. Press the edges gently so that the mixture does not come out while frying.
7. Repeat the same process to make all the rolls.
8. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. When the oil is hot enough, gently slide the potato rolls into the hot oil. Turn them occasionally. Fry the bread rolls until they are golden brown on all the sides.
9. Remove the bread rolls using a slotted spoon and place them on a tissue paper or an absorbent sheet to remove excess oil. Serve bread rolls with green chutney.
bread rolls recipe below
- bread slices - 8 (edges trimmed)
- potatoes - 3 medium
- oil - 1 tablespoon
- cumin seeds or jeerakam - ½ teaspoon
- turmeric powder - ⅛ teaspoon
- dry mango powder or amchur powder - ¼ teaspoon
- garam masala - ½ teaspoon
- ginger - 1 teaspoon grated
- green chili - 1 finely chopped
- coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- salt - to taste