Today’s recipe is an easy to make snack recipe – a bonda made with bread – bread bonda. It’s very easy to prepare and consumes very less time. This recipe can be made use of when you want to finish off the leftover bread. This is what I did exactly. I had made pav bhaji for my daughter’s birthday and two packets were left out. I used the pav again after 2 days to make pav bhaji, but still one more packet was left out and none of us were in a mood to eat pav bhaji again. So made this easy bonda with this. This can be served as an afterschool snack also for kids.
Method of preparing bread bonda is very simple. Add roughly chopped bread pieces and all the other ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. Make small balls. Fry in hot oil. You can also check onion pakoras, mushroom pakoras, masala kadala or cabbage pakoda for easy snack recipes. Click here for other snack recipes . Now to the recipe..
|curry leaves (chopped)||few|
|Green chilli||4 (depending on your spiece level)|
|Turmeric powder||a pinch|
|bread (roughly chopped into pieces)||3 1/2 – 4 cups|
|chilli powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|asafoetida powder / hing||1/8 teaspoon|
|fennel seeds||1/2 teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, add roughly chopped bread pieces, chopped onions, ginger, green chillies, chilli powder, salt, asafoetida powder, fennel seeds, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
2. Combine everything with your hands (Don’t add water now. )
3. You will find that the mixture comes together. Now sprinkle little water slowly, and knead it to a dough.
4. Make small balls and keep it aside.
5. In a pan heat oil. When the oil is hot enough, add 3 – 4 balls into the hot oil, and fry till golden brown on medium heat.
6. Transfer it to an absorbent paper to drain excess oil. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.
If you find this post useful, I would be extremely happy if you can share it with your friends in google+, facebook or twitter. All you have to do is click the corresponding button given below. This will keep me motivated.
enjoy cooking and serving