boondi raita recipe – one of the most popular raita in indian cuisine.
Very often I make cucumber raita, onion tomato raita at home as a side dish for biryani.
Today, I made this raita as a side dish for mushroom tikka biryani. You can serve it with biryani or with steamed basmati rice and any curry of your choice.
boondi raita recipe
- boondi – 1/2 cup, plain salted
- curd or yogurt – 1 cup
- roasted cumin powder or jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- chaat masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- salt – to taste
how to make boondi raita recipe
1.To make boondi raita, add curd or yogurt to a mixing bowl.
2. To this, add red chili powder, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, salt, coriander leaves, and mix well.
3. Just before serving, add boondi mix well. You can also soak the boondi in warm water for 5 to 10 minutes, drain the excess water to remove the smell of oil.
4. Garnish boondi raita with spice powders, and serve with biryani. I served with mushroom biryani.